"As for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."
Joshua 24: 15

Update - October 2nd 2009

Thanks for all your prayers!!! I've had so many people call and encourage me...Thank You! It's been a really rough weak for me physically and emotionally. Keep those prayers coming!!! The infection has continued to spread so this afternoon my Doctor drained the infected area...all I will say about the process was OUCH!!! He drained off 200cc of fluid and sent it off to be cultured. He also put in a drain that I'll have to drain a couple of times a day...same type of thing as after surgery. And he also told me that he's sure I've lost this reconstruction, that we're going to have to start over once we get the infection taken care of. The LD Flap (tissue from my back) looks to be okay...that's huge!!! so we don't have to do anything that requires moving around tissue. But I'm going to have to have a new expander put in and then re-expand the breast. It's not as major as the last reconstruction by any means, but still another surgery and a major setback. I was very discouraged at first, but I am drawing on the Lords strength and taking comfort in His words..."For I know the plans I have for you" declares the LORD "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".

No comments: