"As for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."
Joshua 24: 15

IT'S OVER!!! - Sept. 22

I DID IT!!! I made it through the last Chemo treatment!!! I know the hardest part is the days following...but I can't help but sing and shout praises to God for bringing me through today! When I woke up this morning everything started going wrong. The kids were bouncing off the walls and wouldn't get ready for school. Their ride to school cancelled. Jadon was throwing up. And because he was sick I couldn't take him to the sitter. I spent the morning trying to find someone who could watch a sick baby but ended up not finding anyone so Dorian had to stay home to take care of him. I fell to pieces in Dorian's arms this morning saying through tears that the finish line for this race must be at the top of a mountain with 6ft hurtles every other step, during a blizzard, and I had altitude sickness, and there was an avalanche covering the rest of the course. He just held me as I cried and reminded me of God's faithfulness. For the first time I had to go to treatment alone...but it turned out to be great. All the nurses were so excited for me and couldn't help but tell all the other patients that it was my last treatment so everyone was cheering for me, clapping for me, and shaking me hand all day long. A friend who is in treatment herself stopped by to give me a little gift and card. Mom stopped by around lunch time with Subway. And at the end of the day all the nurses and staff gathered around and sang to me and presented me with a gift and an award! I can't help but have a skip in my step...even if I'm walking slow...I made it! I'm done! God is so good! He never left me, He was with me every step of the way, and He never gave me anything I couldn't handle. Even though there have been things I thought I couldn't handle He has been my strength during my time of weakness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Michelle! What a win. Abi Spencer

Anonymous said...

Michelle! I am so glad you have finished your last treatment! It's great to hear all the good news. I only wish I was there to help out more! Love~Erica Dunn