"As for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."
Joshua 24: 15

Surgery - March 25th, 2009

I look at the pictures of my three beautiful babies and tear up...I'm overwhelmed by Gods blessings and his perfect timing. All three kids were uplanned and too close together for our liking. But God in His infinite wisdom and mercy gave them too me before this past year...before today! It was with bitter sweetness that I went in for surgery to have my ovaries removed this morning. Glad to be getting on with getting better...yet sad for what other picture I might have been able to add to my trio atop this email. But the Lord's peace prevailed today. He dried my tears and strengthened me. Surgery went well...and now I'm home recouping. I'm not in much pain from the surgery itself but, however they had my right arm positioned during surgery has seriously hurt it. It's still tight from my mastectomy and doesn't have full range of motion. I'm guessing that they had it positioned above my head because my shoulder and back are in considerable pain and having spasms. I've never really cared for taking drugs of any kind...my sister always laughs at me when I complain about having a headache for days and she'll ask what I took for it and I tell her the thought never crossed my mind to take anything. That's just me...grin and bear it. But I'm realizing that pain meds aren't the enemy and they're worth it! Thank you so much for your continued prayers and support. The next surgery should be in a couple months and its a big one!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dor & Shell,
So proud of you! With happy tears, we thank you for the three beautiful grandbabies you have given us. What a joy they have brought and continue to bring to our lives. However, we won't expect anymore but, just think, you did more than your share by contributing to one third of our total grandchildren. For now, just take it easy and rest and remember to listen to your body... Luv ya, Mom XOXO