"As for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."
Joshua 24: 15

Happy Birthday Dorian and Daniel

Today we celebrated Dorian and Daniel's Birthdays. A little early, I know, but because of my surgery this week we decided to move up the celebration. After church we headed out to my Dad's acreage for a wonderful afternoon of good food...and loads of fun! Jennifer made the birthday cake...Mocha Velvet...everyone's favorite and she did an awesome job...I had more than I needed to!

We even had the obstacle course set up for the kids to play on. It was rented out yesterday but during the rental got rained on and got very dirty. So we decided to take it out to Dads to it could air out and we could vacuum it. Of course we also had to play on it!!!



Jennifer and I have been plotting and planning for the last year to get the guys paintball guns for their birthdays this year. Dorian's response when he opened it was..."are you serious? this is awesome".
Of course what fun are paintball guns if you can't play with them right away. Jen and I made sure that they were completely ready to go, straight out of the wrapping paper. And we made sure to bring the guys some camo. They played for hours in the back pasture. They had so much fun!
Of course Ethan had to try it out!!! Actually we all got a chance to shoot the guns. Dad even took a turn and I think he just put a paintball gun on his wish list!!!

Ethan relaxing on the hammock...being so cute is hard work! But he didn't rest too long before moving on to the next adventure...
The kids began throwing rocks in the pond while Daddy and Uncle Daniel worked on taking down the obstacle course. Jadon even joined in the fun. Soon the big kids were in the water up to their waists splashing and playing in the mud. They had so much fun...but I hope they don't expect that to be a regular occurance at Grandpa's.

1 comment:

Andrea Cherie said...

Oh I LOVE your mom's Mocha Velvet Cake!