"As for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."
Joshua 24: 15

October 24th

I know it's been a while since I've posted anything, and a lot has happened in the last few weeks. So I'll try to catch everyone up. It's been a rough couple of weeks for us here in Tulsa. I had a mastectomy, my dad had open heart surgery, the pathology report from my surgery wasn't the greatest (7 of the 24 lymphnodes removed were still cancerous), my arm is still in considerable pain from the lymphnodes that were removed and has very limited mobility, the kids having been sick, and my genetic test revealed a postive mutation of the BRCA2 gene (a gene linked to breast and ovarian cancer). My doctors recommended from the beginning that I have both breast and my ovaries removed...but now that the genetic tests are in, they are pushing even stronger for this. It's been an emotional roller coaster, and at times I've wanted to give up. But even with all the ups and downs of the past two weeks God keeps bringing me back to Him, drawing me in under the shelter of His wing, holding me when I cry and then showering me with peace, love, and grace to face each new day. Thankfully my Oncologist said I don't need to go through another round of Chemo! Which means those teeny tiny little sprouts of hair on my head are just the start of a beautiful new head of hair that I will hopefully be showing off by Christmas. But he does say I'll need 30 to 35 radiation treatments. I should start radiation the first or second week in November and am hoping to fit all the treatments in before the end of the year for insurances sake. I can't say 'Thank You' enough to all the people who have stood by us these last 4 months. Your love and prayers have sustained us through some of the roughest days of our lives. We thank God daily for you and pray that God blesses you for the blessing you've been to us. Just thought I'd add a picture of me and my sisters...just to show everyone that bald is beautiful!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Keep the faith Michelle! Remember, just when you think you are all alone...He is carrying you!

BTW-blad is BEAUTIFUL on you!

Love you!

Brenda said...

To my beautiful daughter Michelle,
you've always been beautiful to me, but these days you are more beautiful than EVER.

I love you a zillion bazillion pink M & M's