"As for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."
Joshua 24: 15

Wednesday July 30th


I just love the way God takes care of things in my life...don't you. Last night I had to shave my head and today I got a call from a neighbor who put me in contact with a place I could get a free wig. I was able to go in this afternoon between my naps and was given a beautiful and very expensive wig for free. I call it my Jennifer Parker Wig because as you can tell it looks exactly like her hair...well except for the bangs. She of course had to come over and see it and we got a picture together for the blog.
Other than that it's been a rough couple of days. During my first treatment I was prescribed a very expensive anti-nausea medicing...$75 for 2 pills (with insurance)...but this time we asked for something different hoping to save a bit and still beat the nausea. But the meds I'm on right now aren't cutting it. I've been taking two different anti nausea medicines and still have been sick for two days straight. Napping seems to help almost more than the meds so I've been sleeping a lot...but this is hard to do even with the older two kids away in Wichita with Aunt Kathryn. It's been nearly impossible for me to eat the last couple of days but I was able to keep a little dinner down tonight. For the next treatment we are definitely going to be getting the better anti-nausea perscription. But the Lord is my source and my ever present help in times of trouble and He is constantly showing Himself faithful throughout these long days. I'm awed by the friends and family who have been reaching out to help us...Thank you so much for your support and love. We love you and couldn't do this without you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle!
Know that someone else in Wichita is praying for you! I know without a shadow of a doubt the LORD is using this in a might way. Keep praying--your prayers are heard. " Seed that fell on good woil came upa nd yielded a crop, a hundred times more than was sown" Luke 8:8 I'm asking the LORD to give back a spiritual blessing of a 100 times fold of what you are sowing during this days! dear love, Toni B.