"As for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."
Joshua 24: 15

The Sheering - July 29th

I would like to start out by saying that this post is not for the weak of heart. But for those of you who know me and know my sense of humor you'll understand that there was nothing to do with the lemons I was given today but to make lemonade. I had vowed right after my diagnosis that as soon as the first handful of hair fell out I'd shave my head...well today's the day!!! I made a tray of "Everything" brownies and invited the family over for a party. I swore off sugar right after my diagnosis but a girl can't shave her head without the presence of chocolate so I broke the rules...just for tonight.
Here we go!!!

There's no turning back now!!!

Jen steps in to show off her mad skills with the clippers. Claiming that her years abroad have given her a better grasp on cool hair styles.



Good Morning Angels!
Good Morning Charlie

Righteous Dude!

Practicing for the next guitar hero night at Jen and Daniel's house. I'm so gonna win with this new do...it's all about becoming the character!




I think Daniel is a little shocked to see me! Like I said this posting is not for the faint of heart.


But we cool!

Bye Bye Big Mohawk!

Don't mess with us.

Well, I got talked into leaving the small mohawk for a couple of days for shock value. But here's the rest of it. I made it through the night that I've been dreading for weeks. Unsure if I'd be able to handle shaving my head. But I'm proud to announce not one tear was shed...not even by mom and we laughed our heads off all evening long. And I've been told there's no better medicine than laughter. I'll concure with that...I've been very sick all day and the drugs haven't been denting it this time but as soon as we got into shaving my head and had fun with it the nausea became bareable for the first time today. This was definitely a once in a life time experience and we did it up good.

...I guess I'd better call and cancel my hair appointment for Saturday (it was scheduled before diagnosis)...I don't think I'll be needing it!

5 comments:

Alicia Jahnke said...

You're beautiful! You're at the top of our prayer lists!

yaya said...

Hi Michelle, Love the new 'do! You're an amazing example of strength under duress. The cream is rising to the top! You're still in our prayers.
Sharon & Larry

Brenda said...

My beautiful daughter MICHELLE,
I love you so much!
Mommy

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle,
You are still my precious, beautiful daughter-in-law (even without the hair) BUT, I am sorry that I wasn't as strong as the rest of you - I bawled my eyes out reading this update. I guess the far distance doesn't help either. You are one strong trooper - I am so thankful that God (and Dorian)are sustaining you in this difficult time. Luv & prayers, Mom XOXO

shawkrn said...

Hey Michelle!! I was thinking about you all week long, emailed Kathryn to see if the "day" had come. All I can say is "WAY 2 GO!" You Rock!! What a way to celebrate the event ~ with family, fun, and chocolate.


You are all in my prayers!!
Shelly Hawk
(Kathryn's old nurse pal from STF)