"As for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."
Joshua 24: 15

Update

...Just wanted to let everyone know what was going on and keep you up to date with the latest information. Liz left early Monday morning and Jennifer has practically taken up residency at our home in her stead. I'm anxiously awaiting just one day with no doctors appointments or tests...but right now I'm being poked and prodded to no end, and Jen has been watching the kids. On Monday morning we met back with Dr. Lockhart (who did the surgery) to go over the prior weeks test results. The cancer is Stage 2 Grade 3 and is everywhere on the right breast not just in the 3 tumors he had already removed. The good news is the left side is clean and clear and the blood work all looks good. I decided to get a second opinion and followed the recommendation of the Medical Director at Blue Cross/Blue Shield and went to see Dr. LaNette Smith later that afternoon. She is a wonderful doctor. She did an ultrasound and found more tumors on the right side and also noticed that my lymphnodes were enlarged so she did a needle biopsy of them and let me know she was certain the cancer was in them as well. She sent me for a bunch more tests and has set me up to see a great oncologist as well as a gentecisist. Dr. Smith called today to let me know the lab results confirm the cancer is in my lymphnodes. She believes I need to be on Chemo right away before any mastectomy. So Tues. July 7th I am going in for a little outpatient procedure to put a port in and then will more than likely start chemo later that day or the next. This is still all very surreal but getting more real every moment. The strength I felt I had last week was shattered on Monday with the realization that this was all real and that I'd be on Chemo so soon and losing my hair within a few weeks. But today the Lord has renewed my strength and I know with Him and through Him I can do all things even chemo. He has sent me such wonderful friends and family who are standing by me so steadily. Thank you all so much for your endless prayers, encouraging phone calls, notes, letters, books, CDs, hats, wigs, and scarfs...I have never been so blessed. I love you all and thank God always for you.

1 comment:

yaya said...

Hi Michelle,
I just wanted you to know that you are on my heart and in my prayers. Your mother (who is amazing, by the way) has kept me posted on your life and I know this chapter may be difficult but has the possibility of ending in an amazing way. Thanks for your blog and allowing me to walk along with you. With love and prayers, Sharon & Larry Smith