"As for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."
Joshua 24: 15

Monday July 7th

An Evening at The ParkOn Monday evening after dinner the kids and I walked to the park to enjoy our evening before the week got too overwhelming for us. Jadon cruised in style in his stroller while Christlyn pushed him (most of the way).
Jadon loved swinging with Mommy and couldn't stop giggling with delight.
Christlyn, my resident monkey, was all over the place climbing anything and everything she could. Ethan just wanted to take pictures with my camera...so thats why there are no pictures of him...and also why I just had to delete about 200 pictures from my memory card...lol. After a while of playing with each other some of Christlyn's classmates came to the park and they all got to play together.

The next morning I headed in for surgery to get a port put in my chest. The procdure went well even though I was awake the whole time...don't worry I was heavily drugged and don't remember too much of it. But the recovery from it has been more difficult than I'd anticipated. I can hardly move my neck or left shoulder/arm. This makes it very difficult to be a mommy (especially of a 1 year old who still needs to be carried quite often). To top things off Jadon has been throwing up for about 2 days now...please remember to pray for him. I didn't get to start chemo this week, there were some scheduling mishaps that prevented me from seeing the oncologist until this morning. But I truly believe it was just another way God is looking out for me...I've been in so much pain from the port I don't think I could have handled Chemo too. But I will be starting Chemo on Mon. morning at 10:00am. I'll be on a 2 week schedule and will do between 6 and 8 rounds. So if everything goes as planned I will be done with Chemo on either Sept. 22 or Oct. 20!!! Please keep us in your prayers!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello, all my sweeties,
Thank you for all those updates - please keep them coming. Even though I am not there physically, my heart certainly is. Shell and Dor, you are constantly on my mind - and rest assured that I often lift you both up in prayer. It is so neat that I can visualize most everything through your digitals, or your written captions, especially after just spending three weeks with you. God Bless you all. Lots of huggs, Nana XOXOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Your children are so beautiful. I pray for your strength and no illness for all of you during this ordeal. Smiles...Aprell