"As for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."
Joshua 24: 15

Ice Storm Clean Up

The Ice Storm Debris Trucks came through our neighborhood yesterday. They started in the area on Saturday and I had to quickly move all the branches to the front yard (without Dorian's help...he was working) because I wasn't sure how long it would take them to get to us and I didn't want to miss out on the free removal!!! It took me a good hour of heavy lifting and carrying and dragging the branches to the front but in the end I managed to get all but one very large branch to the front yard. I wasn't brave enough to try Dorian's chain saw out...lol. Then on Monday around lunch time a little bobcat tractor came and began combining all the piles on our street onto our next door neighbors lawn. Ethan was so excited to get to watch the tractor and asked if we could buy Daddy one for his birthday. I said NO of course...but later on the phone with Daddy he began to beg for one for himself!!! Then after school the large trucks came by and picked up the piles the bobcat had made. I let Christlyn and Ethan sit in the front yard and watch for half an hour while they worked. Ethan as you can tell by the pictures was spellbound.

No comments: