"As for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."
Joshua 24: 15

Christlyn Lost her 1st Tooth

Losing a tooth is a rite of passage for all kids! One that Christlyn was sure would "NEVER" happen to her. While most of her friends began losing teeth in Pre-K and Kindergarten, Christlyn felt like the odd girl out because here she was 3/4 of the way through 1st grade and she still hadn't lost a single tooth. Then late last week she exclaimed in surprise and exictement from the backseat of the car..."Mommy, I have a loose tooth!" Once we were out of the car and I examined it we found there were actually two loose teeth and a big tooth already cut through behind her other teeth. Thrilled that she was finally going to lose a tooth, my typical drama queen didn't care about the discomfort her loose teeth caused and wiggled them every chance she got. Aunt Kathryn tried to pull it a couple of times yesterday but was unsuccessful. But today while the kids were out playing in the snow it decided it was time to come out. Christlyn was biting some snow and noticed her mouth was bleeding...she kept on biting down on the snow and a couple minutes later was in the house giggling and showing off the new hole in her smile! What a great way to lose a tooth...the snow numbed it so it didn't hurt her at all!!! She headed back out to let the snow work on the other loose one...I'll keep you posted if it pops out today too!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Christlyn,
So sorry I missed your call but when I got home, I quickly went on the Blog to check out the news about your tooth. Wow, what a big hole your missing tooth left in your mouth (and I see it laying in your mitten). See, snow is a good thing, huh? Thank you for sharing this special news with Nana - I love you .... Nana XOXO