"As for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."
Joshua 24: 15

Hope Rains - December 30th, 2008

The goodness of the Lord steals my breath away at times. Just when I feel like I’ve experienced his goodness fully he showers it down anew on me. This walk has been an interesting one. Starting off was scary, with all the unknowns and death lurking in the corner. But God has been so faithful. I’ve felt His love and presence tangibly every step of the way. His strength and peace have kept hope alive in my heart even on the hardest of days. Now He is pouring down on me a new blessing. His abundant provision of my every need! I have been chosen to be the Jeanette Holmes Memorial Foundation, Hope Rains 2009 grant recipient. I've added a link to the organization web site on the right side of my blog. If you get a chance, read about Jeanette and her story...but have a box of tissues on hand. I was in tears the first time I read her story a few months ago. Her love and faith in God inspire me. Dorian and I just finished meeting with her husband, who founded the organization, and I am in tears at the Lords kindness and mercy to me! Basically I have been chosen to be the one person that they focus on for the year. They will cover my medical expenses for the year! They will deal with my insurance company and doctor’s offices to make sure that my insurance is working the best that it can for us. Any disputes between doctors offices and the insurance company their lawyers will take care of. Any travel expenses we might have due to treatment they will cover. Their desire is to take the financial burden and stress off of us to that I can spend my energy on getting better and being a mom! I'm overwhelmed by God's complete provision of my every need. There is no one that compares to Him. To Him I give all praise!

3 comments:

Andrea Cherie said...

WOW!!!!!! That's incredible, Michelle! Praise the Lord!

Danielle said...

How Awesome Michelle! I know this is huge for you guys! God is ever faithful! You deserve this what a wonderful Christmas present!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much your daughter looks like you Michelle! She is beautiful, as are your two boys.

I am praying that radiation has gone well and that you are enjoying a break from treatment.

Love,
Sarah