"As for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."
Joshua 24: 15

Michelle Turns 29...the World Turns Upside Down


On Sunday June 22 I celebrated my 29th Birthday. I had a wonderful family birthday party at moms house after church where I ate way to much yummy food and even more chocolate cake. Then Dorian wisked me off for an afternoon of shopping, followed by an evening on the town. The picture above shows me in my new dress with the kids just before leaving for Phantom of the Opera. It was an amazing performance that left us singing it's songs all the way home. After a late night dinner at the only restaurant still open at 10:55 on a Sunday evening (Cheddars) we headed home...and I couldn't help but wonder what this last year of my 20's would hold. The next morning around 8:15 that question was answered for me when I received a phone call from my doctor. I stood there shocked and stunned listening to him telling me that I had cancer. The week before I'd had outpatient surgery to remove 3 harmless benign fibro adenomas from my breast...I never even imagined (and neither did my doctor) that all three could and would be malignant tumors. I am in the process of many additional tests and once all the tests are in we will meet back with the Doctor to formulate a game plan. My hope is in Christ alone and I am drawing my strength from Him. Months ago He began speaking to my heart that nothing can happen to me outside of His will. I am clinging to that now and trusting in Him that His will is perfect. My greatest hope is that He will be glorified in this and that I can bring fame to His Name.

No comments: